AL-Ameen is IGNOU Special Study Centre (Code -0742-D) since 1999 and is activated for the MCA, BCA, CIC, BDP, BPP, DAFE, CAFÉ and PGCCP Programme.
Centre is actively involved in promoting the IGNOU courses via local advertisement through hand Bills, Banners and Posters.
Apart from selling the Prospectus of IGNOU study centre also accepts the admission forms and later forwards them to regional centre on regular basis.
Study centre staff is fully trained to guide and assist the students in filling the admission and examination forms.
Centre also offers and encourage learners to fill the examination forms online in study centre itself.
Exhaustive internal assignments has been prepared for all practical subjects and a list of practical which the students are supposed to do in the labs is distributed to the students and also all the assignments are displayed Computer labs.
Students are strictly asked to follow the internal assignments and the teacher is asked to evaluate the assignments after the student shows
Special Study Center
In order to cater to the needs of the disadvantaged groups of the society, IGNOU has established Special Study Centers. Group Identified under this category are physically challenged, women, minority community, rural community. Communities of geographically disadvantaged, remote and isolated areas. Scheduled castes. Scheduled tribes and the prisoners, who due to one reason or the other do not get opportunity for education like other groups of the society. Special study centers address to the basic problem, limitation, abilities and other specific requirements of these disadvantaged group and give them an opportunity to get educated.
There is no bar towards a special study center providing support services to the learners of other group of the society also. However, special attention is paid in providing the support services keeping view of basic problems, limitation, abilities and other specific requirement of the disadvantaged groups.
Functions of Special study Centers
- Promotion and publicity of IGNOU programmes among the disadvantaged group.
- Sale and receipt of admission forms and their submission to the regional center along with requisite fee for the programmes activated at the center. Fee will be received from each student in the form of a demand draft, drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where the student regional center is located.
- Generation of the bio-data for the appointment of academic counselors and forwarding them to the Regional center for their empanelment as academic counselors.
- Organization of induction Meeting.
- Organization of counseling, practical and audio-video sessions as per requirement of the programmes activated,
- To receive assignment response from the learners and get them evaluated from the approved academic counselors, provide feedback on assignment responses and forward the assignment grades to the Regional Centre in the prescribed format,
- Maintenance of records of admission, accounts, stock of furniture and equipment and other activities of the Centre,
- Send regular feedback reports to the Regional Centre in the prescribed formats,
- Help the University conduct the term end examination.
Background of the Society
- AL-Ameen is a part of AL-Ameen Education Trust, Bangalore , one of the biggest Education Society of India having more than 100 institutions including Medical College and Engineering College.
- Al-Ameen(Delhi) was established as a Work Center in 1999.
- Upgraded as a full fledged Special Study Center in 2000.
- Spread on a 2- Acre lush green campus having 30 class rooms, a full fledged office and 3 computer Labs.
- Activated for MCA, BCA, BDP, BPP, DAFE/CAFE and PGCCP courses.
Anjali Miglani, in 2005
Dr.Jyotsana in 2006
From our center have bagged gold medals in the 16th and 17th convocation of IGNOU respectively.